Saturday, August 11, 2012

feedback


i received this response from kristy, one of the people who gave me a short lift on the way to joseph jenkin's.
_______ _ _ _


I want to thank you! Our short exchange has made a big impact on me. My husband said I'm just like my father, who does similar things fairly often. That made me smile. He also said, Kristy, you can't save everyone. I said no, but I can help all of them!
When you get done, I want you to know that you did something good...something great! You reminded me that people, despite increasing corruption and greed, are inherently good. That we need to feel needed, loved and appreciated. And that feeling that I got that made me turn around that day shows that I'm no lost cause.
I have recieved a lot of support from friends when I share the story, and only one or two "you're crazy" responses. So I hope we've passed on a little hope for humanity.
Good luck to you, Davis! I wish you a safe and eventful return home. While I am no longer devoubt to one religion, I am pretty confident something bigger than us both is guiding you through this journey! Thanks for the email!
________ _ _ _ 

...and did i share this feedback before from chris, the great guy who i got a ride with  LA to Phoenix?

________ _ _ _


"I read almost every post. I'm very interested to learn about the
various intentional communities around the US and the various
organizations geared toward a sustainable future. Thanks for putting
the time in to record it all. I'll definitely be following along the
rest of your journey."

and from a previous e-mail:

"It's been a while since I drove with you to Phoenix. I have been

thinking about you recently because I finally spent some time on a
farm. I've been on a permaculture farm down in Nicaragua for a month
and have been loving it. I have been experimenting with fermentation,
which has been heavily inspired by you. Ever since our conversation, I
have really been wanting to try it. I did a batch last week that
turned out great, which everyone loved. I'm trying a similar batch
this week in a much greater quantity since people liked it so much.
It's a wild fermentation of several vegetables from the garden. There
are greens, beans, peppers, garlic, and a lot of tomatoes and a few
spices."



_______ _ _ _


1 comment:

  1. And I'm still following along and finding inspiration.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete