Thursday, March 15, 2012

mbira can resonator

in order to increase the volume of the mbira for street performance i decided to try using a large can attached to the back. i thought i would find some kind of food can, but instead got this paint can from the dumpster here at 'the metropolis', where i am staying in my sister's apartment. to my amazement it worked out to use the handle of the paint can to attach it to the mbira! what could be simpler?
to top it off perfectly, the color of the paint in the can was the same as this special shirt i will be using to perform (busk) in. how about that!

my first time busking with the mbira was on thursday night. the first guy to make a donation said with a smile, "just make people happy." after a minute i noticed that the bill he had given was a ten! that made me happy, which helped me to put out the positive energy towards other people. a pretty woman with tattoos donated a dollar, which gave me a total of $11 for the couple hours i sat there. a very kind, fairly pregnant, japanese woman came and sat next to me to rest for a while. her support also gave me a boost. i felt like she appreciated what i was giving. she tried playing the mbira for a minute and commented, "that's hard."

>my sister ruby shot these fine photos to show you<





No comments:

Post a Comment