Thursday, December 8, 2011

walnut farm

sunday was my last day at the Green String Farm, where i was an intern for three months. it was a tiring period and, while it was also wonderful and a greatly beneficial period of growth, i'm glad to be done with it. i feel a lot lighter.

for these couple nights i stayed with some new friends at the farm of tom's family, where they produce mostly walnuts. i helped shell and harvest some and was given some to take with me.

its been beautiful and sunny here the last week. the nights are very cold.



here is a picture of me with the desert of my first night there. it was a quince tart (unsweetened and crustless) which we put unsweetened whipcream and persimmon-whipcream (my idea) on top of. it was nice and light, and we found the quince and persimmon worked well together. these fruits were from Green String Farm.






a song came to me after a morning meditation while in this peaceful home of my friends:

rainbow warriors
warriors of the heart
there's lots of work to do

the time is upon us
this is just the start
let healing begin in you

oooooooooh unfurl your heart
oooooooooh let magic happen through you

oooooooooh unfurl your heart
oooooooooh the love within surrounds too

(repeat)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I'm a big fan of what you do! My name is Cole and I am getting ready to head up to Orcas for a winter residency of sorts with your brother Learner. He just let me know of your journey an suggested I try and get you in touch with the community I am a part of in Santa Cruz called Trout Gulch (www.troutgulchfarm.com).

    If you are interested I would love for you to visit us. I unfortunately will not be there till the weekend but if you contact Ryan Hett, our resident garden manager I'll let him know you may be coming for a visit. Feel free to contact me for further info and/or him from the contact info on the web site.

    My email is brittanycolebush@gmail.com

    Hope all is well!

    -Cole

    ReplyDelete